The job of the provost is expanding. While chief academic officers have always been key to running the day-to-day operations of their colleges, the role is growing as more presidents are drawn away from campus to raise money and tend to other external duties.
For those new to the role, or aspiring to the position, this Starter Kit examines how the provost’s job is changing and what it takes to be successful.
This collection of articles includes:
- A deep-dive into how more than 200 scholars reached the position
- Tips on how to articulate a vision for your leadership
- Advice on how to transition into the role
- Why the job requires a greater focus on innovation and consensus building
- Ways a provost can support student-success efforts
- Ideas on how to find and hire the right deans
Get this Starter Kit today to be a better provost.
Date: February 6, 2019
Digital file size: 1.04 MB