Colleges want students to make healthy choices and avoid risky behaviors. But the potential pitfalls for undergraduates are great. Colleges must combat alcohol abuse, excessive partying, and Greek culture that sometimes can promote dangerous behavior.
This collection of Chronicle articles outlines how leading institutions are making headway to counter these problems. It includes:
• Ways to revamp orientation to make sure messages stick
• How counseling centers can expand their services
• How the U. of Vermont is creating a self-care campus community
• A university’s successful approach to curbing binge drinking
• Strategies to make fraternities safer
• Ideas on how to improve a ‘toxic’ culture on campus
Buy this Idea Lab collection today to help your students be healthier and safer.
Date: September 5, 2018
Digital File Size: 4.8 MB