Strategies to support student success
Student success is critical to keeping students enrolled, and good advising is widely seen as central to student success. Advisers are some of the first professionals students meet on campus. But it doesn't always go well. Academic advising is one of the most misunderstood and undersupported divisions on campus, plagued by low pay, large caseloads, and high turnover.
Good advising systems can increase professionalism and pride in this underappreciated field, help close equity gaps, and ensure students effectively navigate their path to a degree. How can university leaders set advising up for success?
Purchase this report to learn:
- How institutions are using advising to raise graduation rates.
- How to ensure students use advising resources effectively.
- How to improve professional development for advisers.
- The role of leadership in good advising.
- The challenges around using data and tech in advising.
Date: December 2022
Digital file size: 1.8 MB
Learn more about digital licensing options and request a quote. For group purchases of fewer than 100 users, please refer to our bulk pricing.