New presidents face greater pressures than their predecessors. Money and enrollment challenges have increased; students expect more from college leaders; and campus controversies can quickly draw national attention thanks to social media.
To help those new to the top job – and those who aspire to the position – The Chronicle has put together this essential primer. It includes:
• Tips on what new presidents need to know on their first day
• What veteran leaders wish they’d known before taking the job
• Advice on what presidents should and shouldn’t do in their first year
• How to respond to a crisis
• A guide for leaders who come from outside of higher education
Get the Starter Kit to succeed as a new leader.
Date: July 26, 2018
Digital file size: 966 KB